Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
A gluten free cookie alternative to our favorite Christmas treat - the peanut butter blossom, these healthy cookies will fit perfectly into your New Year's resolutions.
Servings: 38 cookies
Cookware & Utensils
- Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Hershey's Kisses - 38 or 11 oz. Package (Foil Removed)
How to Prepare
Now it's time to sit and enjoy or share a batch of warm cookies with a neighbor!
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together gluten free flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the stand mixer bowl add the butter, almond butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Using the paddle attachment on medium high speed cream ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the egg and vanilla. Mix until just incorporated.
- Turn off mixer. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- On low speed gradually add the flour mixture until completely incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a 1 oz. cookie scoop, roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each dough ball in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheets in the preheated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and quickly press a Hershey Kiss into each one.
- Return the cookies back to the oven for 3-5 minutes to soften chocolate.
Visit Bob's Red Mill for other yummy recipes using their all natural and gluten free ingredients which can be purchased here in bulk.
Show off your finished cookies with other chefs like yourself using, #roundeyehappyeats, or on our Facebook page.